Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hello From Sea!!


I’m wobbling, bobbing and rolling all the way to Acapulco. I guess I shouldn’t have thought that sailing on the open Pacific wouldn’t be somewhat nauseating. After feeling somewhat pookie for two days and having to miss the New Years celebration as I was laid up with a migraine I decided to try and take some motion sickness pills. Thankfully they have seemed to work. Today the third day into the cruise I’m feeling better. Whew!
Back to the migraine for a minute, New Years I spent feeling like I was going to throw up, trying to drink all the water I could find and with all my might trying not to move my head more than needed due to a raging head ache. This headache ruined the nice bottle of champagne I had delivered to the table for New Years, which I really needed because my chicken I had at dinner was super dry. Eventually I just went to bed around 10:30pm and slept though the New Year’s party which I’m told was quite fun. I guess they even blew the ship’s horn like 4 times for over a minute in length, which in my sick state I didn’t even hear. Which is good because I think I needed sleep more than everything.
The cruise so far has been uneventful. Lots of sitting around and eating since we have been at sea now for two days and still have half a day before we hit our first stop which is Acapulco. I can’t wait to get there. I left my computer at home not thinking I would need it and have barrowed my brothers from time to time. The wireless on the boat cost about 40 cents a minute so I’m not sure how much I’ll be writing. Also no cell service since I’m out of the country and I have to say being cut off from communication is a real difficult thing to get used to. I’m not sure I like it too much, even though before this trip I always thought it would be pretty awesome. I guess now I know it’s not so cool.
Until next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you be grumpy with that ridiculous hat on your head?

Unknown said...

Dude, that sucks...but of course, there's always another opportunity on a cruise for dry chicken and a nice bottle of champaign for the table.

"Hi" and happy new year to the family from us...