I don't know what it is about Canada but on Sunday I could not get a gas pump to work to save my life. First an ESSO Station in the parking lot of Wal-Mart, where I got a pillow and some blankets to help make my tent a bit more comfortable. I couldn't get this ESSO Station to even pump gas no matter what I did, I even made two attempts. I drove on, without getting gas and then found a Shell station that looked like it was from the seventies. Well I could only use cash and then only one grade of fuel would work, so I put in ten dollars which was all the cash I had, and drove on further south. Unfortunately ten dollars in gas in Canada doesn't go very far, it's like less than a quarter of a tank, I needed to make another stop. Eventually in the middle of nowhere about 30 miles from the U.S. Boarder I made my last attempt at gas. I found a modern Husky station, put in my credit card and like most gas pumps I encountered in Canada, the language came up in french. Thankfully there are little pictures and I could make out a few words. Finally I got some gas, whoo!!! The other thing I noticed about gas pumps in Canada is that they don't have that little device that allows the pump to pump gas without you having to squeeze the handle, or if they did I never found it. With Gas in the tank I left Canada behind, it was a great week, and I entered Montana.
After a five hour drive I made it to the west entrance to Glacier National Park. A long day and it's really hot here. I guess I need to start getting use to that as I continue to move south towards Arizona. My first glimpses of Glacier as I drove down the Sun Road to west Glacier, were stunning. It looks like this is going to be a really fun stop and My friend Jeff is meeting me tomorrow, monday, so it should be fun to have someone with me.
until next time
stephen
4 comments:
Welcome back to the states!
-bobby
Wow, sounds like its been pretty awesome. I feel like I'm reading a book about your adventures. Its pretty good so far. Don't screw it up though or I'll stop reading. My aunt and uncle live in Big Fork, Monatana on the north west corner of Flathead Lake, just south of Glacier. There was a bar and grill in town around there that had a hamburger the size of a large pizza. Imagine how cool your next post will be if you tell us how you tried to eat that hamburger. Theres no way I could miss that. Just joking, glad your having fun.
-Kev
If this is a book, I have one question. Does Harry live or die? How about Valdemort?
Matt Taylor
Toaster... when you make your way to LA... bring bust-a-move! We'll have a tournament.
Post a Comment