Monday, December 15, 2008

Toasty Road Observations 18


The rain has started to fall here in San Francisco, which can make walking to work or commuting by public transit a bit of a wet adventure. About a month ago I was in this same unfortunate situation and I soon realized that more than anything wet socks, shoes, and feet are by far, worse than anything else being wet. With my shoes drenched and the process of them taking several days to fully dry I was in a very damp mood. Well over the weekend I fixed this most horrible situation. With the coming of winter and more rain I am now the proud owner of my very first pair of waterproof shoes! I guess there are lots of water proof shoes out there but I am now the owner of a brand new pair of these.


I'm very proud of my new shoes they look somewhat athletic which improves my overall image making me look like I do more than sit. They work wonders in keeping my feet dry and cool at the same time, and sometime I feel as though I'm walking on little clouds beneath my feet. Today as I was walking I crossed paths with a little kid, he seemed to be maybe 4 or 5 years of age. He was dresses in a yellow rain coat, carrying a yellow umbrella and donning his own version of water proof shoes. As I passed by such an intelligent creature he preceded to point directly at my new water proof shoes and let his jaw go slack as he gazed in amazement at my really cool shoes. I knew they were kind of cool but not that cool, It's almost like time stood still as we passed by each other him in awe and me feeling super cool in my new shoes. Now if I can only get this same reaction from some really nice women between the ages of 25 to 35 I'd be set.

--stephen
http://www.toastyroad.com

0 comments: