
Do you ever feel like this image above? I have a bit lately. Everyday I walk from Market Street towards the ball park and there are like two of us walking that direction and fifteen million walking towards Market Street. Kind of makes you think your going the wrong direction. Then I started thinking about it relating to me (I know it's just a coincidence)But I've been having lots of thoughts lately that don't really relate with the thoughts of many people I know. Mostly I'm standing around like a crazy person, I think. Anyway, it's weird because mostly I feel I'm going the wrong direction, then I meet someone every once and awhile that's walking with me and I think "I'm not all that crazy, this homeless guy thinks the same way." Recently I met a guy from Israel on Bart who had basically gave up everything for awhile to pursue his art and desires to travel and meet people around the world. Since then he's just been bouncing from one country to the next meeting people and making friends who eventually lead him to another city, and another country. I'm glad he took the time to meet me, even though I didn't take him anywhere. I did give advice of which bart stop to get off on, so I too I guess was leading him somewhere.
"The people you make friends with are so much more important than your job or the things you buy."
Read this today and thought it really hit home with everything I've been thinking lately. It's funny how little time you can put into Friends, Family, loved ones, and yourself. It's way too easy to forget about that, and spend all your time working way too much, to make someone rich in exchange for your life. In turn wasting your life to buy things you won't need or will ever touch again at the end of the month. I guess I have to do my part to keep this great(not so great) economy going, because if I stop buying then people stop making money and then I can't exchange my life for that cool plastic toy to put on my shelf. Wait.... and if I think otherwise people are going to tell me I'm cynical, that I have issues, or angry at something.
here is a link to where I found the above quote.
I'm confused not cynical.
-Stephen
5 comments:
Old Chinese saying: "If you want to be happy for an hour, get drunk....for a year, get married....for a lifetime, be a gardener."
Kind of like the saying I found in the bathroom of the western in Point Reyes.
"There's a support group for people that hate their jobs. It's called "Everybody" and they meet at the bar."
You were in Point Reyes and you did not stop by and pick some tomatoes? I'm only across Tomales Bay. :)
Next time I will. I have friends in Bodega so I go out there often, it's the best place on earth.
I knew I should have gone to The Western. Dammit.
Post a Comment