Saturday:
Went to visit a friend and took the bus. The bus is always a bit interesting lots of characters on the bus and those characters change depending which bus line you take. Well The first part of the trip was fine, it consisted of a nice muni ride to Noe Valley. The train was full of happy people leaving the prop 8 rally at Dolores park. then I transferred to some bus headed down 24th street. This is where things started to change. As I got closer to mission the bus started getting more and more crowded. Then we pulled into the bus stop at mission street. Holy cow! now this is where a whole crap load of people exchanged places. There is a Bart station here so it's understandable and people getting on and off the bus takes some time.
"STEP UP!" I hear shouted out at the top of ones lungs. "SET UP!" There it was again, I looked up. The voice came from a woman sitting near the front of the bus, and as the woman she was yelling at got on the bus another loud verbal communication was made."I'LL STEP UP WHEN I"M READY, I"M WAITING FOR MY HUSBAND!" the lady who just got on the bus passed by me and headed to the back. Her husband was a few people behind her. We leave the bus stop, on our merry way. I hear from the back the lady talking to her husband, something about "that fat one, bla bla bla". Then almost immediately from the front, "THAT'S RIGHT THE FAT ONE!, THE WITH A FAT BANK, FAT JOB," (my memory fades here a bit stupid memory)she continued to say something about a bus pass and how the lady may not have one and then refers to her as a crack whore. (gasp!) I think to myself, "I gotta get off this bus." About then the large lady at the front of the bus makes a call on her phone. I hear "can you pick me up at Potrero? I just got off work and I'm about to throw down with some crack whore on the bus!" She then stands up while hanging up the phone. I glance to the back of the bus and out of the corner of my eye I see the woman in back being restrained by here husband. I then realize I'm about to be in the middle of some crazy lady muni throw down. We come to next stop and I along with about half the bus get off. As I walked down the street to my destination I occasionally looked back to see if the bus was on the move again, it never moved. As I sat looking out the window onto 24th drinking coffee and talking to my friend I noticed the bus I was on pass by, about 20 minutes after I got off. Part of me wishes I would have stayed and seen the craziness unfold but my heart was beating pretty fast and to be honest being in the middle of the two I got a bit scared. It's cool, I know I'm a baby.
Oh yeah funny fact the larger lady who started this whole thing was an off work muni driver still in her bus driver outfit. Oh, and the most sane thing I herd was the woman's husband telling his wife,"Just get her badge number baby, well call muni." I guess that doesn't work on the street you gotta box it out.
Sunday:
Ruined my appetite talking about the corn flake like nature of some crazy pig ear delicacy in Portugal. I'm not sure my appetite has ever disapeared like that, I also at one point really thought I might throw up, just a little. I guess it was the crunchy corn flake discription assosiated with pig ears. Still gross.
Found a bunch of hair that someone lost on the bus.
Used google transit on my iphone to successfully navigate myself around the city by bus, once even changing routes while in route! No Kidding! I'm almost like a professional bus rider.
Monday:
Saw two dudes with a bunch of pot, sitting on the stoop I guess getting ready for a big day.
--Stephen
http://www.toastyroad.com
0 comments:
Post a Comment