Thursday, October 16, 2008

something lost

There is something about old friends. I've been lost for awhile I'm not sure what's happening, where I'm going or even what I want. I lost sight of what it is I'm really looking for? The great thing about truly old friends, is that they don't forget who you were, and the dreams you had. They just seem to know me more than maybe I do at this point. I've lost touch with some of my closest and longest friends over the years, it happens. But they always seem to re-appear when your lost. They are always kind of there when you need some help remembering, and finding your way again. They bring you back to your roots, bring you back to who you are. They might not even realize it. Sometime it's as simple as just being in their company again.
For some reason I can't shake this feeling that, I am my friends, and my friends are me. That I'm made up of them? That with each close friend lost I lose a little bit of me and for each friend gained I change a little bit and grow. I'm not sure about everyone else but my friends inspire me, remind me of who I am, who I want to be, and what life is all about. When I think about that it's hard to work, I just want to play with my friends again.

--stephen

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to thank Facebook.