Monday, October 27, 2008

Toasty Road Observations #12


The Bart Train 6-ish Friday October 24th 2008.

I'm sitting listening to music as I'm whisked across the bay area to my destination of Oakland. It's a busy train this night. Full of the usual commuting suspects. I'm not really paying attention until we get to West Oakland. The doors open and in walks a group of four young guys. They looked somewhat hip and techie. The only reason I noticed them is that because when they stepped on, this lady standing there, who before had been texting and chatting on the phone came to life. They were friends, not sure how close but close enough to be greeted by hugs. I sat there and watched, while trying to not look like I was watching. What unfolded in front of me was an attempt at seduction I hadn't really noticed before, I don't know why I hadn't. While these guys are standing there chatting about their day, I assume this lady cornered the one she hugged into a conversation that consisted of her tossing her hair about and fluffing and well anything she could do to her hair for it to go from tied back librarian, to tousled sexy bedroom hair. It was quite interesting and greatly complex. The progressing of her moving hands through her hair to give it volume, and for it to lay down perfectly framing her face. I'll have to say by the end of whatever magic she was weaving she really did go from ho hum to hubba, hubba? By the end her friend had departed the train and her hair was returned to it's scrunchy, returning her bedroom hair to it's stately librarian hair do. I guess it didn't work that time but she's still got some game.

--Stephen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she needs to work on her close, next time you see her tell her to pick up a copy of The Game.

Stephen Gregory said...

Maybe she can practice the closing your speaking of on me!