
Ok I'll make this one quick.
Last night I met some friends for dinner at Farmer Brown. By the way it's super yummy, you just have to walk over the homeless and through the crack whores to get there. It's worth it.
So I'm on the train awaiting my wonderful dinner, of Seafood Gumbo and cornbread with sweet potato fries, and it's pretty busy. I look around the train car seeing who I'm sharing my ride to Powell street with. A couple of ladies dressed up, looks like they are going out on the town. A dude standing near the door with a blue tooth thing in his ear, and two teen age looking girls holding hands. Nothing out of the norm. At some point the blue tooth guys says something, I have no idea what he mumbled but it got the attention of one of the teenage girls. "what did you say sir?" "Were you comments directed at me sir?" I hear come from an elevated tone in her voice as she tries to connect with this guy from across the train. "It's OK no one is happy." is what I think he mumbled her direction. He must have been saying something else that I couldn't hear because soon it was on like Donkey Kong. Next was one of the Girls saying "Typical, Mexicans are always drunk!" My head perked up. I'm not sure who this comment was for but the blue tooth guy didn't seem to be Hispanic to me. Then these girls started an all out assault. I guess they showed him? It was kind of surreal because I got off the train thinking who instigated what? The drunk blue tooth man said "no one is happy" and the girls fired back with "drunk Mexican", and "shut the *&%! up!" not sure which one was more offensive? I don't know what I'm really writing about except it was an interesting display of how things can get really out of control real quick over something stupid. I'm still not sure what the guy really said, but the girls sure were proud of themselves when they got off the train.
Dinner was awesome.
-stephen
toastyroad.com
0 comments:
Post a Comment