
Times Square
Originally uploaded by stvgregory
Wow,
New York is pretty amazing. Our hotel happens to be right at Central Park west. So the first thing Amy and I did was walked through Central Park, where we stopped at Tavern on the Green for a drink. This place happens to attract every older lady in New York it seems for tea. So we sat there surrounded by old folks and had a drink. While at The Tavern on the Green it feels like a crazy real life Mad Hatter Tea Party with colorful paper lanterns hanging everywhere and huge crazy topiaries of Gorillas, Elephants and other large animals, very surreal. After escaping the old ladiy hang out we then went to Bouchon Cafe for lunch. Later on in the day Amy and I walked up to Times Square down Broadway. Pretty crazy lots of tourists and it seems much bigger on T.V. On our walk back towards the Hotel the blocks seemed to get longer and longer I swear we walked further on the way back than we did going to Times Square. For dinner we ate at the hotel in the Hudson Cafeteria, where we had a very good steak and mac and cheese. After eating we placed our lives in the hands of another taxi driver and went to Payard for Dessert. The chocolate souffle was really good but the Milk chocolate Hazelnut candy bar had a slight taste of refrigerator, not a good thing. While there we met this lady who had just moved to New York from Hawaii. She had never been to New York before and had always dreamt of living there. So she sold everything she owned and just bought a one way ticket to New York. When we got back to the hotel and tried to get into the Hudson bar we got declined, I guess because we weren't dressed well enough. That kinda upset Amy who had us rush upstairs put on something nicer to wear and headed back. That time they let us in. We spent the evening people watching as men tried to pick up on drunk ladies and other couples grind each other in the booths. I don't think I've ever seen such a display of dry humping in a public place in my life. Tomorrow we go down Manhattan to Soho, Nolita, and I'm gonna try to get to the MOMA and the Empire State Building while Amy shops, her form of sightseeing.
Until tomorrow,
Stephen and Amy
Click here for pictures
1 comments:
awesome
public dry humping rocks
glad you guys are enjoying new york
if you see a guy that looks like jerry seinfeld... its either jerry seinfeld or my dad... say hello for me
Post a Comment