
Thursday (10/18) Stephen and I made it to Portugal on Tuesday. We flew into Lisbon then took a car 2 hours to Beja. The film festival that Stephen is on the judging panel at is in Beja. It is Beautiful in Beja! Very small historical town, lovely food and people. Portuguese people are so nice. We have met so many people that live all around Portugal, they speak really good English and are pretty much showing/touring us around. We’ve met a guy from Lisbon and a guy from Porto. So we have both of them to help us around when we arrive at those two locations.
I thought the French smoked a ton; you have to meet the Portuguese. They are chain smokers, its nuts. However, as of now, I haven’t noticed that the Portuguese drink a lot. They drink mostly red wine when they do drink, but I have not noticed excess in drinking here. That is a good thing for me; I needed a break from drinking after being in France.
Sunday (10/21) We made it to Porto! It has been a long 2 days. Saturday night was the end of the film festival in Beja and they had a party at the Discotecca that started at midnight. Stephen didn’t last long; he was back at the hotel around 2am. I on the other hand LOVE to have a good time and got back to the hotel room just after 6am. The only reason that was so brutal was because I had to be up and on a bus by 10am. Not much sleep. So, a 2.5 hour bus ride to Lisbon and a 3 hour train ride and we made it to Porto! We checked in to our hotel, ordered room service and now we are just relaxing.
Portugal has been such an amazing experience so far. I hope this last week is as much fun as the last 5 days. We met a few people that live in Porto and few people that live in Lisbon. That should make our last week here a blast!
Until next time,
Amycakes
0 comments:
Post a Comment