Monday, October 8, 2007

Good bye New York and the US.


Well we had a great time in New York. Walking around and riding the Subway, was a fun change of pace from always driving. The city was amazingly friendly and so easy to get around in, it made us sad that the S.F. transit system isn’t that good. Thanks to all of you who gave us such wonderful recommendations on where to shop and eat, it really helped make New York a great experience. Our favorite places were by far Chickalicious, a dessert bar with really good desserts in the West Village, and Prune where we had fried egg sandwiches and a hamburger on a English muffin, so good. Most of our time we spent in the West Village, Soho and Nolita. Since our hotel was so far away we spent a lot of time on the subway riding back and forth.
I never made it to the Statue of Liberty or for that fact never even saw it. I did however wait in a very long line to go up to the tope of the Empire State Building. As I waited I almost got out line thinking it can’t be that cool. Luckily I didn’t it is a great vantage point to see how massive New York is. While walking around I never realized how dense the city really was but once you get high above the city it is completely insane how dense the city is.

Click here for more new york pictures

Stephen and Amy

0 comments: