I don’t have much to say. Stephen has pretty much covered everything up to now. Our apartment in Paris has no internet, so things have been difficult without it. I’m ready to move on to the next location, I’m over Paris for now. We take a train to the Champagne region on Friday, then off to Portugal on Tuesday, October 16. I hope Portugal is a bit easier to communicate. The French don’t really care for the English speaking types, hopefully it’s not as intimidating in Portugal.
I got my hair cut and colored today in Paris today. Very scary since myself, the colorist and the hairdresser didn’t speak the same language. The cut is really short in the front and looks horrible, but I’m not too concerned with it. Hair, it grows back! And I can wear hats the rest of the trip and when I return home! Don’t think my hairdresser in Berkeley will be happy though. Sorry Polly : )
Things that are different in Paris then HOME (Oakland):
Everybody is skinny and beautiful – except the meerkat and his girlfriend
Everybody is very very fashionable (men and women) – except for the meerkat and his girlfriend
The French drink like fish all day long, wine and beer - not hard alcohol
Nobody wears flip flops here, NOBODY
The cycle on the clothes washers runs around 2 hours, takes forever to do laundry
L-O-N-G dinners, you never feel rushed by the servers
No big grocery stores, you do your food shopping every day on the way home from work at different produce stands, meat shops, bakeries and flower shops
I have yet to see one person chew gum here (besides me)
And yet to see one person NOT smoke ( cig’s, hash, weed, etc…)
I will add more to the list another time, I’m sure I’ll think of more tonight after a bottle of wine! I really miss being home and my regular routine, but I’ll be back to my life before I realize it.
I check my email every other day so feel free to email me if you like.
amy@amycakes.com
Amycakes
click here for more Paris photos
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment